Sunday, December 31, 2006

a testimony

the 2006 CCRCC youth camp we prepared had alot of hic-cups; as in it wasnt well prepared. many, including me felt it this way. there were some important items we forgot to bring, and some acutually thought it was rather unnecesserily. and no one had backup plans when we overlooked the weather those few days. nothing came out as we've planned, and though not the worst, the food sucks. but nevertheless, it still went on quite well.

many blamed the bad weather. initially i wouldve also blamed the same thing. but then again i felt that it was rather a blessing in disguise. many camps i attended were more the kind of competitive sort of camp. it couldve been more fun. but for this time, i could see that there were more bondings amongst the teams. largely because of the rain that made us stay indoors. i could see people begining to open up, as well as people begining to get wackier.

as for my group, although they lost the competition and their morale were pretty low, i could see that none of them were sulking badly. the fellowship in us were greater than being competitive. well something like that. it was great. probably because of me that i had to encourage them when they were low, that they took things positively as possible. and maybe because of our team name, EZ bin, that they took everything as easy as possible.. lol.

best of all was the seminar. its because of the two-night seminar that made me mature alot, both physically and spiritually. and im sure everyone feels the same way. and im also glad that our pastor had choosen the right theme for the camp.

because of this camp, i have never in my life expected that one day i wouldve become a great leader..

************************************

during the first night of wei liang mu shi's seminar, i wrote down some of the highlights.

- you (we) are the chosen ones
- we live in a christian environment, therefore we were made for his purpose
- we are gods child

- we are nothing but tourists of this world.
- we should always stay happy no matter the storm is, because we're his soldiers.
- its not the wolrd that impacted you; its you who impacted the world.
- therefore we are to spread the gospel.

during the second night i wrote down some of the highlights.

- the passport to heaven is through jesus
- god allows the devil to roam until jesus's second coming
- some of the greatest temptations are power & autorithy, wealth, etc
- we can lean on god for the ability to resist them. (well cant exactly remb but this shld be it)



and then there was a calling. every adult in the room prayed for us. and this is my testimonial.

we were asked to stand up if we were to fight for the lord. and so i did. i lowered my head, closed my eyes and my hand held to the bridge of my nose while the speaker sang some songs. suddenly a hand touched my head and i hear a voice praying or me.

all frist, there were goosbumbs all over me. then there was this some kind of undescripable special feeling that made me cry. it wasnt the kind of crying softly - i was really weeping loudly. i cried out all my burdens, my sorrows to the lord. in my mind i was really thinking why cant i stop crying? why is this happening to me?

and then theres this strange numbness all over me. it came from my head first, and then down to my hand and then to the rest of my body. and then i hear another voice praying for me. i wept again. this time louder than before, my body more numb than before. it was unlike anything i had expirenced before.

for the first time in 5 years, i actually cried. and for the first time of my life,i could feel the spirit was really with me. it was undesripable. i thank god for that wonderful experience.

except for that little girl in my group. boy she was kinda trumatised to see people crying, and then faint. i could understand her feelings. it was quite a frightening expirence for me too when i first saw it. and it was my mother then. but as u know lah, i couldnt embrace my arms around her and console her. all i could do is to sit next to her and try to encourage her to be brave.

********************************

later that night after that calling, i thought about her again while i was alone: she should've came. she had missed it. i feel soo sorry for her. what am i doin to do for her? how can i help her?

then, calmness grew over me. as if god has answered my questions, i kinda figured out the answers myself. i recall what the speaker said those two nights and applied it to my situation.

there is a time for everything, and everything happens for a reason. maybe because she left our church for a long interval that her spiritual maturity isnt quite with us yet. maybe because she isnt ready for the calling yet. or maybe because im not doin enough for her yet. or maybe beause of other reasons that she didnt want to come for that evening when i invited her to.

to her if she'd ever read this: rest assured, i havnt forgotten you yet. now i finally know where i stand, and now i finally know what to do, and now im a step more spiritually mature, and all that ive done and i will be doing isnt going to be easy. i will still continue stand by to help you, but please do something to help yourself, if you trully want our help. cause if you dont even wanna help yourself, then no one can help you liao.

No comments: