Tuesday, December 12, 2006

had been freaking busy this few weeks, and im fustrated enough to write it up here. christian's busiest days of the year is always december. and its pretty true for me. lets see, what events do i have for this december.. oh firstly, we had the carnival, and then we're gonna have christmas events and then our youth camp towards the end of december.

since sec 2 whenever my friends and i were given the task to desgin a banner or smt for the church, im always the one who bao ka liao. yeah, bring home and do, all the way to the next morning. theres even a time where i hated gwen. not personally hate. jus that the pastor choose the wrong guy to help me. what she did was minimial - pherhpas not even minimial.. until now, i daresay she really suck at design. never again will i work with her. well unless she could prove me wrong somehow, but i doubt so.. matt is better than her, for now. but shes not that really bad; i mean, she too did contributed to the church. such as? well, shes good at singing, chinese, and pretty loud, i guess. lol. that is really great, acutally (as long as she dont desgin). ;)

okay, back to the carnival. to me, money making wasnt my main piority. its the planning process that i enjoyed most. like where we get together as a group and really brainstorm for ideas - discussion and everything. but in this case, no. in my group, 4 out of 7 people were having exams at that time - As & Os. and so i didnt touch them. but what happened to the rest? 2 weeks past just like that and we didnt even meet up.
as part of the leader of the group, with no major exams, of course i had to do something. im soo tied down to homeworks, already owed lects a number of homeworks,i realyl dont have the time to realy sit down and think of an original game plan. the first thing that came to my mind was foosball, and i immediatly run around contacting the relavent people. thats how the foosball proposal came about. heh, so much time for so busy person..

on the eve of the carnival, i had school that day, it ended at 5.30om. ive reminded them upteen times beforehand, my dads transporting the tables ONLY after 7pm. i had my own resons. from 5.30pm, it took me 45 mins to get back home, and dont i have to eat dinner too? and did they heed what i said? NO. instead, they pester me when im going home. all the way to ding xuans house around 7.30pm. how many calls, how mnay smses? im already fustrated at it and my dads was angry and blamed me for not managing time well. troubled by it and being too impatient, i accidentaly scratched kai xuans face while we were loading the ping pong tables up. there was even a traffic jam at the city area. we reached St Andrews Cathedral by 8.30pm. and then we had to go all the way to Ang Mo Kio to get the foosball table. u think its easy to carry a foosball table? it weighs 4 times more than a ping pong table. we had to divide the table into 4 halfs and send it down frm the 9th story of a HBD flat and then load it up. all this took some time. we did as fast as we could, like race agaisnt time. as i had predicted earlier, we wouldve fishished transporting everything by about 10.30pm. but could they even wait? NO. they pestered me even whem we're loading the foosball tables. and my dad didnt even had his dinner yet. if u were me, dont u find it IRRITATING?

after everythings done, we (kai/ding xuan, ben, ray, me)went matts house for pullover. for my group, we had to get the banner up asap as ding xuan said. they played basketball while im working on it, modifying the idea. when they came up he told me to change my design. having studied typography and doing it for 1 hr, how would u feel if u were me? so i told him to do draw the text while i play dota to distress myself a while. 15 mins later, he completed it. now everyones going to sleep. WHAT THE HECK. i couldve criticised the words he drew were more awful than mine. i told him i'll color tat after i finish my game. but could they even wait a while? its not like im playin with human players which will really take a long long time. im playin AIs, mind you. and then they asked me to faster quit. wa lao 3am only loh. if camp they couldve stay up all night why chouldnt they do it then? afriad they cant wake up on time? excuse lah.. i stayed up all the way until 5.30am and i still woke up on time. and whos the late one? MATT -.-

and i slept like 2 hours only. as the carnival was about to start, i havnt done 3 weeks of homework yet.. (to be continued)


***************************

okay, we were late - all because of one idiot's fault. nvm that; we still got half an hour to set up our stalls. my group's suppose to be there. 4 out of 7 (from my grp) came (including me). it was ike soo last minute that we had to scrapped off our 2nd game, which was the soccer bowling thingy - the fifth and the next most impotant guy came late. we, the leaders were busy setting up stalls. the other guy jus hang around and slack. didnt even ask what he could do. its kinda like u needa do some scriptings to make it move. i wasnt anygry with him. least he helped out abit. but one of the thing that made me angry was the banner. WHY DIDNT HE PUT UP THE BANNER I SPENT 5 HOURS WORKING ON IT, UP?

AND WHERE WAS GWEN? helping out other people thorughout the carnival? jus because we came a while later, that doesnt give her the right to leave our group. for us, manpower the most crucial thing. now, we're down to 3 men, 1 stall: 2 tables, and a coupon booth. i just feel that me and ding xuan did most of the work. and she, HAVING FUN?

truthfully speaking, I DIDNT HAD ANY MUCH FUN AT ALL. all i bought was a longan jelly from the carnival. and i only spent like some 5 mins interval walking around talking to nearby stallholders (other game grps of our church) other than that im always busy. prob the only thing that kept me going was the foosball table itself - one chance in a lifetime to train for free. hehe.

yeah by the time the carnival ended around 4pm we were like soo wear out already. spent another hour cleaning the area, somewhat like beach cleaning lol. and then had to send the foosball and ping pong tables back.

thats something i kinda regretted. why? next post.. ;)

No comments: