Tuesday, November 21, 2006

i remember an inccident during my last primary sch years. at one time i used to go downstairs coffeeshop buy lunch for my mum every saturday, and i would always patronize the same stall. that day, there were two ladies serving, with quite a long queue beside. one was a tall young lady much older than me, the other was the mother. the younger lady wore a rather revealing clothes back then.

waitin to be serve was rather boring at that time for me. there isnt anything to do while the long wait except to see what others were doing loh. so coincidentally i was lookin at the direction of that young lady, she was scooping rice unto the plate. but i got an unexpected response frm her. she was so pissed that i was lookin in her direction that she actually scolded me - in front of the others who were queueing before and after me. being scolded infront of others was really embarassing for me.

it was kinda like a small turning point for me. i had developed a phobia of not looking at my female friends.. sometimes i feel remorse about it. whenever i looked at girls, which any other normal guys would do, i always get a feeling that i will slapped at the face by them. moreover there were other factors that made me cant really express myself infront of others. pretty much a psycological barrier huh.. but of course im straight like any other guys lah!

and then i remembered when i was sec3 one of my schoolmate was acutally started dating another girl already.. it was at that point that made me wonder: is that the right time for romance in todays modern society?

after i graduated, i went to NAFA over at waterloo street, near bugis. between my school and bugis mrt station there is a stretch of road i had to walk pass. everyday when i walk pass that junction, i see many couples about my age, or even younger, holding hands while strolling together. often i ponder the same question as ive always wondered whenever i walked by: when will my turn come?

No comments: